libao 1.1.0 released
Xiph.Org is pleased to announce the release of libao version 1.1.0. This release consists of minor functionality improvements and several important bugfixes. The 1.1.0 API/ABI is fully backwards compatible with 1.0.0; All users of libao are encouraged to upgrade to the 1.1.0 release.
bugfixesBugfixes in this release include:
- Fix Mac OS X AUHAL support to properly handle suspend/wakeup, headphone plug/unplug, other hardware events
- Fix Pulse driver handling of empty channel matrix
- Fix Roar driver to not block on SLP lookup during probe
- Improve/correct latency setup in ALSA (see Trac #1762)
- Add missing ctype.h header in build (see Trac #1760)
- Correct ao_example.c source to not pass dangling pointer for the matrix argument.
- Fix 24 bit playback in ALSA plugin
- Fix segfaults when closing a driver that did not successfully open.
- Fix building Mac OS X driver AUHAL compilation for 10.5
- Fix compilation of sndio plugin
Improvements in this release include:
- Add autofoo ld symbol versioning to build system
- Update Roar driver to latest API
- Move toward more consistent option naming across drivers
- Add 24 bit playback to Pulse plugin
- Restore Mac OS X 10.4 support
The libao 1.1.0 release is available from http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/ao/ as of 2011 February 22.
The Xiph.Org Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to open, unencumbered multimedia technology. Xiph's formats and software level the playing field for digital media so that all producers and artists can distribute their work for minimal cost, without restriction, regardless of affiliation. May contain traces of nuts.