Neurosetta is an updated firmware for the Neuros Audio Computer which enables the Neuros to play Ogg Vorbis files.
Neurosetta is included in the official firmware from Digital Innovations starting at version 1.45. Please go to http://www.neurosaudio.com/support/support_updates.asp for stable downloads. If you have the chance, you probably want to check out the 2.xx firmware versions. There is also a 2.xx beta verison (2.21) that has received good report of stability available from http://www.neurosaudio.com/support/support_updates_beta.asp.
Please note that you can both upgrade and downgrade firmware on the Neuros. It should be pain-free to try out this firmware and then switch back if you find it necessary.
(Firmwares from neurosaudio.com are packaged as self-extracting Windows Executables. If you are on a non-Windows system, you can unpack them using a standard unzip program.)
Prepare: Turn off automatic sync in the Neuros Sync Manager before beginning.
- Turn off the Neuros. Unplug the power cord and USB cable.
- Press the down button and the power button at the same time.
- Follow on-screen instructions to connect USB cable.
- Open up the Neuros Removable drive in Windows Explorer.
- Mount your Neuros.
- Copy the woid.hex file into the firmware directory on the Neuros. If that directory doesn't exist, create it. If there is already a woid.hex file there, overwrite it. If you're using Linux, unmount the Neuros.
- Wait for the USB IDLE message to appear on the Neuros.
- Unplug the USB cable from the Neuros and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
To upload Ogg Vorbis files to the Neuros, you will need to follow the instructions for enabling Vorbis support in positron.
Bugs, Contact, Etc
Please report bugs at bugs.xiph.org against the Neurosetta product.
A board for discussing Neurosetta is available on the NeurosAudio.com forums.