The Xiph.Org Foundation is a non-profit corporation dedicated to protecting the foundations of Internet multimedia from control by private interests. Our purpose is to support and develop free, open protocols and software to serve the public, developer and business markets.
Xiph Community Updates
Xiph.Org in the News
- libVorbis 1.3.4 released
- Opus 1.1 released
- Digital Show & Tell released
- the Opus audio codec is now RFC 6716
- more headlines >
In our effort to bring open-source ideals to the world of multimedia, the Xiph.Org Foundation and its open-source community develops a multitude of amazing products.
Resources by Project
- Ogg: Media container. This is our native format and the recommended container for all Xiph codecs.
- Speex RTP: RTP payload format for voice
- Vorbis RTP: RTP payload format for audio
- Theora RTP: RTP payload format for video
- XSPF: XSPF is the XML format for sharing playlists.
- XiphQT: An implementation of our codecs for Apple's Quicktime and Core Audio.
- oggdsf: An implementation of our codecs for MS Windows.
- cortado: A java applet for Web browsers to display our codecs.
Software for Distributing Media
- CD Paranoia Robust CD audio extraction
- Icecast: Streaming server
- IceS: Source client for Icecast Server